I understand that my responsibilities as a Volunteer Lutherville Lacrosse Coach are of great importance and that my actions have the potential to significantly influence the young athletes I coach. Therefore, I promise to uphold the following rights of young athletes to the best of my ability.
All participants have the right to:
- 1. Participate and do so at an age appropriate level corresponding with each child’s maturity and ability.
- 2. Have qualified coaches that understand the men’s and/or women’s game.
- 3. Play as a child and not as an adult.
- 4. Participate in safe and positive environments.
- 5. Have an equal opportunity to strive for success.
- 6. Be treated with respect
Furthermore, I will honor the ROOTS of the game:
- RULES –
- I will honor the letter and spirit of the rules at all times.
- OPPONENTS –
- I will treat opponents with respect.
- I will serve as a Double Goal Coach. who strives to win (one goal), while pursuing the more important goal of teaching life lessons through sports.
- OFFICIALS –
- I will treat officials with respect at all times in all situations.
- TEAM –
- I will complete the mandatory Coach’s Bag Training
- I will care for every player on my team.
- I will keep an open line of communications with my parents and provide schedules for both practice and games in a timely manner.
- I will communicate age appropriate rules (including playing time) that I expect the players and parents to abide by.
- I will create practice plans that maximizes opportunities for players to be engaged throughout practice.
- SELF –
- I will live up to my own standards even when others don’t.
I will not share any player or parent contact information with any external organizations including other rec councils or club programs.
With my signature, which I voluntarily acknowledge that I have read, understood, and will do my best to fulfill the promises made herein.
Click here for a printable version of this code of conduct >